In life, every goodbye is different and the same is true when arranging a funeral goodbye.
Your loved one's goodbye is important, as is your own.
Planning a farewell that really speaks about the person now gone can make a daunting time easier. Celebrating what a loved one means to you and to others helps you remember what they have added to the world, and not what they are taking away.
Because we specialise in creating funeral goodbyes that are a celebration of a life, we will listen to your needs, speak to you about your loved one, getting to know them in your own words, and then offering you our suggestions about a funeral service as unique as they are. This will make the goodbye you are arranging as fitting as we can.
This might include:
- A viewing – a beautiful and reflective time when private goodbyes can be said
- A personalised coffin – a one-off design tailored to your selections
- A theme – honour your loved one by wearing their favourite colour or something else reminiscent of their interests
- A personal eulogy – delivered at a funeral or a memorial service, this is words from your heart that you share with others
- A media presentation – photos, music and videos of your loved one that you wish to share with guests
- An after-funeral function – a time to catch up with others who also cherished your loved one, and
- An online memorial with HeavenAddress – a place where photos, memories and tributes can be shared now and in the future.
We can also help you arrange a prepaid funeral that is as different as you are.
Arranging a funeral also involves some official steps but organising a funeral should be much more than these procedures. So that we can achieve the official matters as easily as possible, things we are likely to need are:
- The full name, address and age of your loved one
- Where they are located
- The name and contact details of their doctor
- A death certificate. Has one been issued – or can we organise this for you, and
- You may wish to bring a photo of your loved one.
Even a funeral that follows a tradition can have some or all of these special elements, and will make the service unique and memorable.
You can meet us at one of our funeral homes or we can meet you wherever you like. Call us on 1300 662 172.